District Annual Education Report
January 28, 2022
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2020-21 educational progress for Grand Haven Area Public Schools. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and some requirements of state laws. Our staff is available to help you understand this information. Please contact Mary Jane Evink in Instructional Services at (616) 850-5075 if you need assistance.
The DISTRICT AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following website - https://bit.ly/39O7wbb, or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school. Each school will also be communicating their own AER to parents directly.
These reports contain the following information:
Student Assessment Data
- Includes the following three assessments: M-STEP (Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress), MI-Access (Alternate Assessment), and College Board SAT.
- This report section presents assessment information for English language arts and mathematics for grades 3-8 and 11, and MI-Access science for grades 4, 7, and 11, compared to state averages for all students as well as subgroups of students.
Educator Qualification Data
- Identifies the number and percentage of inexperienced teachers, principals, and other school leaders
- Reports teachers who are teaching with emergency or provisional credentials
- Includes teachers who are not teaching in the subject or field for which they are certified NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Provides state results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8.
Civil Rights Data
- Provides information on school quality, climate, and safety
Review the table on the next page listing our schools. For the 2021-22 school year, schools were identified based on previous years’ performance using definitions and labels as required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). A Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school is one that has at least one underperforming student subgroup in 2018-19. An Additional Targeted Support (ATS) school is one that has a student group performing at the same level as the lowest 5% of all schools in the state in 2017-18. A Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) school is one whose performance is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state or has a graduation rate at or below 67% in 2016-17. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases, no status label is given.
|School Name||Status||Key Initiative to Accelerate Achievement|
|Career Development School||No label||Food & clothing pantry|
|Central High School||No label||Food & clothing pantry|
|Ferry Elementary/Voyager School||No label||Quality Tier 1 instruction & targeted interventions|
|Grand Haven Cyber School||No label||Food & clothing pantry|
|Grand Haven High School||No label||Tiered levels of support|
|Griffin Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Lake Hills Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Lakeshore Middle School||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Mary A. White Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Peach Plains Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Robinson Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
|Rosy Mound Elementary||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & teacher efficacy|
|White Pines Intermediate School||No label||Staff collaboration (PLC’s) & targeted instruction|
We pride ourselves in providing a comprehensive educational experience. In addition to our core academic programs, we offer a variety of extracurricular and specialty programs to extend and enhance every child’s education. Grand Haven is a community where the school district’s residents have demonstrated great value for education, and have provided support for our programs and outstanding facilities allowing students, and the district in general, to prosper.
We welcome the opportunity to share in your child’s education. Grand Haven Area Public Schools will continue to work daily to ensure "Success for All".
Superintendent of Schools
Grand Haven Area Public Schools