Who We Are
The Technology Department at Grand Haven Area Public Schools is dedicated to providing accessible and dependable technology to enhance education for all. We believe that, through technology, students can become more engaged in their classrooms.
Our department supports approximately 10,054 mobile and hardwired devices used by 6,700 students and staff in 12 locations across a 100 square mile district. All of our buildings are connected by a 1GB fiber backbone.
The Technology Department also supports the technology needs for Loutit District Library and the City of Grand Haven. This partnership includes tech support at all city facilities including City Hall, Public Safety, Planning and Assessing, Water and Sewer Treatment, Community Center, Public Works, Harbor Transit, City Marina, and the City Cemetery.
What we are About
Technology is a mission critical part of our school improvement process and our one page strategic plans. All buildings create building improvement goals and have a one page strategic plan to align their goals to the board of education goals. Technology integration is a goal intertwined with curriculum design and supported with professional development opportunities all year long.
- Integration will be a student centered approach
- Direct student engagement = higher order of learning
- Technologies will provide added value to learning
- Technologies will be embedded in lessons, not an add-on
- Benchmarks spiral throughout the grade levels to allow for introduction, reinforcement, and mastery
- Access/equity issues are issues that need to be considered
- Students use technologies as a tool (void of content)
- Students use technologies for content (skills software)
- Standards for all students K-8
- Standards for 9-12 to be determined by specific curriculum areas
- Students use technologies for real world applications (communication of ideas)
- Revise vision as technologies mature
Services & Specialties
The Technology Department at Grand Haven Area Public Schools is a full service technology department, offering both technology support and technology integration support for the classroom. Very little is outsourced in our department. We believe in hosting most of what we can in-house to utilize our gigabit speed between our buildings. Our staff is cross trained in all areas to minimize downtime and disruption in service.
- Read Naturally
- Microsoft Office 2013
- AIMS Web
- Reading Plus
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Google Chrome
- SQL Server
- Go Guardian
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm