Parent Involvement Plan
Lake Hills Elementary will:
- Convene an annual meeting, to which all parents of participating children shall be invited, to inform parents of their school’s participation.
- A Parent/Student/School Compact will be provided and signed by parent, child and teacher to indicate agreement of the shared responsibility that each has for improved student academic achievement.
- Provide parents a description and explanation of the curriculum in use, the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- Involve parents of children served in Title I or 31A on the School Improvement Team.
- Offer training to help parents to work with their children to improve their children’s achievement, such as literacy training to foster parental involvement.
- Provide full opportunities, to the extent practicable, for the participation of parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children, including providing information and school reports in an understandable format and in a language parents understand.