Aquatics COVID-19 Policies
General Information regarding COVID 19
- Masks are optional.
- Please shower before using our pools.
If you register for lap swim or enter Grand Haven Aquatics Center (staff and/or patron) by doing so you are verifying that you do not have and you have not had any of the following COVID 19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Close contact or have cared for someone with COVID 19
- Loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Fever or chills
- Temperature greater thant 100.3 degrees
Best practice...if you do not feel well please stay home!
- No one is allowed in the pool area without an authorized lifeguard on duty.
- Please obey all lifeguard instructions. Failure to do so may result in patron being asked to leave.
- Showers are required prior to swimming in our pools.
- Individuals who can not swim 25 yards of the competitive pool must wear a life jacket or will be limited to therapy pool usage.
- Life jackets are available for your use, ask the lifeguard for assistance.
- Children 12 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children who can not swim must have a parent/guardian in the water and must remain within an arms reach at all times. There must be one parent/guardian per each child who can not swim.
- Proper swim attire is required. No street clothes, cut offs, denim or tee shirts allowed. Nylon, polyester or spandex swim shirts are approved.
- Children not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- No running on deck.
- No pushing, shoving, horseplay or inappropriate behavior is allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines, ropes or rails.
- During peak hours, pool patrons must share lanes and circle swim. Ask the lifeguard for assistance if needed.
- No diving in therapy pool.
- 3 meter diving boards are not for public use and are used only when a diving coach is on deck.
- 1 meter diving boards are available. No back dives, flipping or twisting allowed with out a diving coach on deck.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the Aquatics Center.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the pool area or locker rooms. Please eat in the lobby area only!
- Swim Lessons, personal training, and private competitive coaching by Grand Haven Aquatics staff only and must be scheduled with the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Only service animals are permitted in the Aquatics Center, all other pets are not allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is considered a resident?
Anyone who lives in the Grand Haven Area Public School District.
Do I have to be a resident to use the aquatics center?
No, everyone is welcome to use the aquatics center.
At what age is considered "senior"?
Anyone 65 years of age or older.
Who can I include on family membership?
Family membership are two adults living under the same household and their dependents of whom they have legal custody. This does not include other relatives living in the same household.
Do you have family locker rooms?
Yes, we have a coed locker room for those with special needs or for families who need it. Children 5 years and older must use gender appropriate locker rooms or the coed locker room and assisted by an adult.
Who do I check in with when I visit the aquatics center?
All swimmers are to check in with the lifeguard. The lifeguard on duty will sign you in and collect you daily fees.
Do I have to pay to go into the pool area even if I don't want to swim?
If you are not swimming but would like to watch a swimmer, you are asked to watch from the spectators area. If your child is 12 years or younger, you are asked to be in the water with him/her.
Do you have lockers?
Yes, we do have lockers, but they do not have locks on them. It is recommended that you bring a lock to lock up your items. Locks are not to be left on lockers overnight. Locker rental is available to our annual members for an annual rental fee of $50.00.
Do you have towel rental?
You will need to supply your swim suit, towel and showering items that you may need.
Can I wear a tee shirt over my swim suit?
Swim shirts made of nylon, polyester or spandex are allowed. Please, no cotton tee shirts. Swim suits are required. No cutoffs or leotards are permitted.
Do you have life jackets for public use?
Yes, we have life jackets for those that need one. Please ask the lifeguard for assistance.
What pool equipment can I use during my visit?
Pool toys and equipment are somewhat limited. We do have kick boards and pull buoys for lap swimming. Noodles and a few dive toys are available to use in the family / therapy pool. Bar bells are for classroom use or for adults using them for water exercise. Barbells are not for children to use during open swim.