Aquatics COVID-19 Policies
General Information regarding COVID 19
- Masks are required at all times, except while swimming.
- Hand Sanitizing stations are located through out the aquatics center: lobby area, lifeguard stand, etc.
- We are practicing social distancing. Please keep 6' distance between staff and other patrons.
- The men's and women's locker rooms are open for your use, however, we STRONGLY encourage you to arrive and leave in your swim attire. This suggestion is to limit the time spent in the locker rooms. At this time the Coed locker room will remain closed. Deck changing will not be allowed!
- A complete shower is required before entering the pool.
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring their own equipment, but, we will have kick boards, pull buoys, exercise barbells and noodles available. If you are using our equipment PLEASE make sure the equipment is put in the "USED Bin" when finished using them.
- Restrooms will be available in the men's and women's locker room.
- We encourage you to bring your own FILLED water bottle.
- Aquatics staff will be cleaning and disinfecting between the morning and noon hour swim times.
- Although we are implementing extra cleaning throughout the day, if you are a part of a vulnerable population, please consider your risk while using our facilities.
- Online registration is required!
- A sign up genius link will be available Fridays at 10:00am for swim registrations for the following week.
- Main Pool will have 12 lane slots with multiple time slots available.
- Therapy pool will have 4 lane slots with multiple time slots available.
- One swimmer per lane. Family members of the same household may share a lane.
- Swimmers will be limited to one time slot per day.
- Swimmers are asked to register yourself and NO one else, unless you are of the same family and swimming a shared lane.
- To ensure all swimmers have access to the pool each day, time slots will be limited to 45 minutes.
- If you are unable to attend your reserved swim time, please cancel your registrations so someone else can have the opportunity to swim.
- Please DO NOT enter the building more than 10 minutes prior to your swim time.
There will be a cash box located at the lifeguard stand to drop your payment off. At this time we are accepting exact cash or check (payable to GH Aquatics). $3.00 students (0-18 yrs) $4.00 (college and adults). For membership information please see Joanne.
If you register for lap swim or enter Grand Haven Aquatics Center (staff and/or patron) by doing so you are verifying that you do not have and you have not had any of the following COVID 19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Close contact or have cared for someone with COVID 19
- Loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Fever or chills
- Temperature greater thant 100.3 degrees
Best practice...if you do not feel well please stay home!
- No one is allowed in the pool area without an authorized lifeguard on duty.
- Please obey all lifeguard instructions. Failure to do so may result in patron being asked to leave.
- Showers are required prior to swimming in our pools.
- Individuals who can not swim 25 yards of the competitive pool must wear a life jacket or will be limited to therapy pool usage.
- Life jackets are available for your use, ask the lifeguard for assistance.
- Children 12 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children who can not swim must have a parent/guardian in the water and must remain within an arms reach at all times. There must be one parent/guardian per each child who can not swim.
- Proper swim attire is required. No street clothes, cut offs, denim or tee shirts allowed. Nylon, polyester or spandex swim shirts are approved.
- Children not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- No running on deck.
- No pushing, shoving, horseplay or inappropriate behavior is allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines, ropes or rails.
- During peak hours, pool patrons must share lanes and circle swim. Ask the lifeguard for assistance if needed.
- No diving in therapy pool.
- 3 meter diving boards are not for public use and are used only when a diving coach is on deck.
- 1 meter diving boards are available. No back dives, flipping or twisting allowed with out a diving coach on deck.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the Aquatics Center.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the pool area or locker rooms. Please eat in the lobby area only!
- Swim Lessons, personal training, and private competitive coaching by Grand Haven Aquatics staff only and must be scheduled with the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Only service animals are permitted in the Aquatics Center, all other pets are not allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is considered a resident?
Anyone who lives in the Grand Haven Area Public School District.
Do I have to be a resident to use the aquatics center?
No, everyone is welcome to use the aquatics center.
At what age is considered "senior"?
Anyone 65 years of age or older.
Who can I include on family membership?
Family membership are two adults living under the same household and their dependents of whom they have legal custody. This does not include other relatives living in the same household.
Do you have family locker rooms?
Yes, we have a coed locker room for those with special needs or for families who need it. Children 5 years and older must use gender appropriate locker rooms or the coed locker room and assisted by an adult.
Who do I check in with when I visit the aquatics center?
All swimmers are to check in with the lifeguard. The lifeguard on duty will sign you in and collect you daily fees.
Do I have to pay to go into the pool area even if I don't want to swim?
If you are not swimming but would like to watch a swimmer, you are asked to watch from the spectators area. If your child is 12 years or younger, you are asked to be in the water with him/her.
Do you have lockers?
Yes, we do have lockers, but they do not have locks on them. It is recommended that you bring a lock to lock up your items. Locks are not to be left on lockers overnight. Locker rental is available to our annual members for an annual rental fee of $50.00.
Do you have towel rental?
You will need to supply your swim suit, towel and showering items that you may need.
Can I wear a tee shirt over my swim suit?
Swim shirts made of nylon, polyester or spandex are allowed. Please, no cotton tee shirts. Swim suits are required. No cutoffs or leotards are permitted.
Do you have life jackets for public use?
Yes, we have life jackets for those that need one. Please ask the lifeguard for assistance.
What pool equipment can I use during my visit?
Pool toys and equipment are somewhat limited. We do have kick boards and pull buoys for lap swimming. Noodles and a few dive toys are available to use in the family / therapy pool. Bar bells are for classroom use or for adults using them for water exercise. Barbells are not for children to use during open swim.