How We Achieve Our Mission
Administrators, teachers, parents and students will work together to create an innovative and caring Reggio Inspired Learning Community that will enable all to become lifelong learners, independent thinkers, creative problem solvers and responsible citizens.
- Parents, teachers and students work together as a community of learners.
- We create an innovative and caring community of learners that inspires students to make connections between people and ideas.
- We encourage students to think independently and be responsible caring contributors to an ever changing world.
- We nurture children to grow in their strengths, give them opportunities and assistance to overcome weaknesses, and be recognized for their unique gifts.
- We honor individuality. There is no stereotype of a "Voyager student." We give each child the support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self..
- We recognize the variety of needs of each student at each developmental stage and that students learn in different ways.
- We embrace democratic principles. Our positive love and logic classroom management strategies center on students developing responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- We engage students in experiential learning. We use a variety of hands-on or active learning opportunities, such as nature walks, math manipulatives, dramatic play, lab work, painting, and field trips. We then support students in constructing understanding and connections to the real world
- Explore our website, visit our classrooms, meet some Voyagers, and see how our philosophy is evident every day in the Voyager School.